It was a busy weekend for West Berkshire Stronger Together.
On Sat 4th February we met with Richard Benyon, MP, to discuss our concerns about Brexit and the stance he is taking in relation to it.
We followed this with our Rally for EU in Newbury Town Centre.
Read our Press Release to find out:
- what Mr Benyon said to us
- how we responded, and
- what our Speakers, Paul Field, Jonny Roberts and Judith Bunting, had to say at our Rally.
Coming to our ‘Rally for EU’ in Newbury on 4th February? Fantastic!
Let us know you’re coming by joining our Facebook Group and signing up to the Event.
Be great to see you there: see our Press Release for details.
This is a ‘Rally for You’, if you:
- are proud to be a European
- want to celebrate all that our EU membership has given us, including the exchange of trade, skills, knowledge and investment
- voted to leave and feel the Leave Campaign misled you or that your vote is being betrayed by Theresa May’s Government
- are a student and feel your future is at stake
- are concerned about the impact of Brexit on:
- workers’ and human rights
- borderless issues like the environment
- the local and national economy
- want to denounce the rise in racism and hate crime since the referendum
- want to honour the role the EU has played in Europe enjoying 70 years of peace.
If this is you, then come and join our peaceful demonstration on Saturday 4th February.
Rally for EU Press Release
4 February 2017 in Newbury
Rally for EU – a peaceful demonstration against the impact of hard Brexit on the people of West Berkshire
Gather from 12.30pm at the Clock House (also known as the Clock Tower) on Northbrook St.
At 1pm, we will walk to the Market Place where we will gather outside the Town Hall to hear local speakers share their reflections on the potential impact of a ‘hard’ Brexit on the people of West Berkshire. Speakers will include representatives from the local Green, Labour and Liberal Democrat parties.
Picture of our last Rally, held in Newbury on 9th July 2016